Martha Stewart American Made
It’s official! I am a 2014 Martha Stewart American Made Award nominee! How exciting! What does this mean? Here’s the scoop straight from the American Made Award website: “American Made spotlights the maker, supports the local, and celebrates the handmade. The program is made up of people and communities that have turned their passion for quality craftsmanship and well-designed goods into a way of life.”
I’m super proud that I was accepted as a nominee. The judging begins in September and there are two chances that I can be chosen. Either the judges choose me from the nominations or I can win a wild card spot based on votes from my friends, family, and customers. It’s a long-shot, but I am very happy to be among the nominees.
Here is the judging criteria (from their website):
The executive editorial team of Martha Stewart Living will serve as category judges and oversee the selection process. Martha serves as head judge and makes the final picks.
The judges will base their selections on the following criteria:
Innovativeness, demonstrated creativity, and originality of idea
- Originality and level of creativity
- Clearly identifiable customer need
- Customer value and usability
- Quality of materials used
- Attention and care paid to product details and/or customer satisfaction
- Level of craftsmanship involved in production
- Unique design aesthetic
- Visual appeal of product packaging
- Compelling logo and/or typography
Embodiment of American Made theme
- Use of local components and processes
- Engagement of local community
Wish me luck! What an amazing thing it would be if my little cake stand shop got such an honor!